Precision glass beads Type P PHARMA for medical and pharmaceutical applications
Type P PHARMA glass beads are made of soda-lime glass or high-quality borosilicate glass. SiLibeads glass beads Type P PHARMA achieve highest precision through a special polishing process. The diameter and roundness tolerance is < 10 microns on request. The manufacturing process allows all special dimensions in the range between 1.5 and 6.0 mm. Precision Glass Beads are extremely powerful for bead beating, bead lysis, cell-disruption and for grinding and homogenization of biological samples, as well as mixing drugs especially insulin.
The surface quality of the glass beads can be selected from high-gloss to frosted. Solid-coloured glass beads can also be produced on request.
Field of application
The chemical resistance allows the use in aggressive and corrosive media.
- Bead beating
- Production of vaccines
- Mixing drugs
- Mixing insulin
- Sample Homogenization of micro-organisms, biofilms, plant samples or animal tissues
Agitating beads – Mixing beads
A large area of application for mixing beads is the pharmaceutical industry. To achieve uniform mixing of insulin, insulin cartridges contain a borosilicate glass beads that mixes the contents by agitating.
- exact and freely selectable diameters in the size range d = 1.5 – 6.0 mm
- small diameter tolerances for both single beads dK ≤ 20 µm and lots dL ≤ 20 µm
- high shape retention and roundness dMAX – dMIN ≤ 20 µm
- pure and very smooth surface
- no adhesions and inclusions
- no air bubbles dB ≥ 0.5 mm, very low percentage of beads with air bubbles dB≤ 0.5 mm
- RTS (Ready to Sterilize)